Thursday, April 28, 2005

so should I keep writing this blog?

I've given up on the whole quicktime movie clip thing - it's just too much of a hassle to do it - not to say I won't try it again in the future.

My current Netflix experience was marred yesterday when I received a damaged disk for the Lone Gunman, entire series, disk 1, ... but, on the flip side, they immediately sent me a new one out, no questions and I sent the damaged one back in. Should arrive soon and hopefully (since it was part of a TV show - Lone Gunemen) will come before or at the same time as part 2.

So what else is new in movieland.

Do you know that the last movie I went to go see in a theater was the South Park "America Fuck Yeah" movie (I can't remember the real name but it was the one with puppets). I guess I've just been listening to so much music - both live and recorded - I don't have time or money to go out to a movie theater.

I am guilty of ordering a movie while I'm on travel even though the price is horrendous. I'm really not a travelling type and I just like to stay in the hotel room at night. Usually, when I've had a long flight, I'm tired of reading. Anyway, at the last trip I ordered Attack on 14th Precint (I think that's what it was called). It was a cops and bad guys team up to best the real bad guys in a sort of Die Hard type dealio. The lead (Ethan Hawke) is just a bit too wimpy to be an action hero but they had guy from Shaft and Pulp Fiction - Sammy Jackson - to save the day. It was mostly brain-dead movie wise but kept me interested which is saying a lot for many of the mainstream movies these days.

At work today I found I had made a Deadwood convert and we spent a couple of minutes laughing about the Calamity Jane and discussing whether Swearingon was good or evil. He doesn't do HBO but he rented Season 1 and thinks its really great. I told him Season 2 is even better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home