Thursday, August 12, 2004

Greencine - Should I Reserve greenenvelopes.blogspot.com?

I've just activated a membership with Greencine, a Netflix-like service that boasts more indy, foriegn and obscure films. Since I'm doing a Julien Temple retrospective in the near future, I searched both services and actually found Netflix had one more film than Greencine. Score one for Netflix. I also looked for Grey Gardens -- and it's only available on Greencine.

I'm on the 2-DVD plan which costs $15 a month. We'll see if their service is as fast as Netflix. I'm getting three day turnaround on most DVDs. It helps that Netflix has a distribution center in nearby Gaithersburg.


1 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

I used Greencine for about six months, as a supplement to Netflix, with the same plan as you. I found that it took about a week to get DVDs from them. It would be 3-4 days before they acknowledged receipt of my returns, and another 3-4 days before I'd get the next one. I saw about 50 movies that way, until I'd nearly exhausted my queue. I switched to Nicheflix for a couple of months. Now I'm with Netflix only.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home