Monday, August 09, 2004

The Movie Generation - Classic Trash Front and Center

Here's another decent Movie journal I've discovered recently written simply by someone who calls themselves Moviezilla. Not as wordy as MilkPlus, but the author knows his classic action-horror-comic book movie genres pretty well and I like those flicks just as well as I like the hoity-toity make-ya-think flicks... he voices strong opinions that he's more than happy to defend - I wish I was more like that, in fact.

Like the other cinemablogs, he uses plenty of images sprinkled throughout. I'm not sure if I'm going to go that way - as it takes a little more html elbow grease than I'm willing to expend - but it sure makes for a pretty presentation and occasionally helps driving home a point.

I'm also not sure I'd ever admit this:

Me and my brothers are, and have always been, avid readers of the Conan comic books. We still buy the weekly issue and use much of our time reading about this righteous mans ways. Conan of Cimmeria isn't your off the shelf type of hero, he's brutal in his ways, he's intelligent, he's muscular and can fight off every demon thrown his way. I think this is one of the many reasons why people like to read about him, he doesn't think twise when it comes to killing the bad guys, and most of all he doesn't sugarcoat the way he deals with them either.


... but then again, it's an example of the dedication and knowledge Moviezilla brings to the table -- that and someone of the spelling errors and I'm guessing he or she's a younger person - nothing wrong with that but you can turn on the spell checker in Blogger, you know, 'Zilla! At any rate, I come to praise ya and I hope to see more of your thoughts on the classic cheese of near yesteryear.

Anyway, when I get around to constructing a blog roll, this will sure to be in it. He has an atom feed (whether he/she knows it or not)- just append /atom.xml to end of the URL (below).

Movie Generation

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home